This was previously a run-of-the-mill blog about product management and UX, but I scrapped it to sketch out some ideas I have about tech and life.
My goal is to mix ideas in tech/product/ux/business with philosophy, sociology, history, civil rights, and other areas of life. Latest writing:
- The tech industry’s impact on society’s key metrics – In a data-driven industry, we need to think about how our products improve society overall.
- The tech community’s civic responsibility to babysit Facebook – Fake news on FB is negative for society, so we in tech need to hold them accountable.
- Make and set monthly donations now before you get comfortable – After the ’16 election, these organizations need your help now more than ever.
- What’s driving you to become a product manager? – This is less about me giving advice to aspiring PMs and more about me exploring my own career.
Data and Resources
I’m always reviewing various resources, and wanted to share things that might be helpful to reference. Will be adding things here in the coming days.
- Tech for Civic Action – A list of links I’ve started putting together to improve civic engagement. Many of these products were created after the election.
I take notes on lots of things and like to share them:
- Notes from Mind the Product 2016
- Book Notes: Lean UX by Jeff Gothelf and Josh Seiden
- Book Notes: Just Enough Research by Erika Hall
- Book Notes: Feminism is for Everybody by bell hooks
- Book Notes: Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey Moore
- 5 PM Takeaways from the book “Predictably Irrational”
- Notes from 2015 VR Research Report
Misc old articles